Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rescue in MA or ME area

Moxie

Cavy Slave
I am hopefully looking to adopt a pair of guinea pigs in the next 6 months or so. I had one that recently died :( I do not know why he died. He seemed fine before he died, he was eating fine, running around and every thing and I had just made him a C&C cage. I went to feed him one morning and found the unpleasant surprise of him dead in his cozy :( I thought he was sleeping at first. I live in Harvard, Ma and was wondering if anyone new of any rescues around my area. We also have a vacation home in Bryant Pond, ME so a rescue around there may be a possibility also.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
Yes, I have looked at Petfinder; Found lots of cute piggies but didn’t find a rescue that was relatively close to me.

Poohbear

Moxie

Cavy Slave
I live about an hour away from Boston; I bet there are a lot of guinea pigs around that area that need a home. Like I said before I am not looking for another piggy for a little while so I am just doing some research right now.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
Isn’t that just for the Bay area? I used to live their...just moved about 2 years ago. I lived in San Jose

Poohbear

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
Hi Moxie, I live in the Boston area...so if you need any help with getting a pig transported to you let me know. I used to volunteer at an Animal shelter in Boston, and they always have pigs. Let me know if I can be of help.

-Andrea

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
And, don't forget (broken link removed)! Also, I'm so sorry to hear about your recent loss.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
sofiemuffins said:
Hi Moxie, I live in the Boston area...so if you need any help with getting a pig transported to you let me know. I used to volunteer at an Animal shelter in Boston, and they always have pigs. Let me know if I can be of help.

-Andrea
Have you ever ordered hay from (broken link removed) ? If so how much was the shipping? Also I was kind of confused with the shipping chart, my zip code is 01451 so would that mean I was in Zone 8?

mab0615

Cavy Slave
Hi Moxie. I live in Lowell and foster for a rescue in NY. I only have two fosters now but that could always change.

My piggies love KM's hay. We are in zone 8. The total cost for 35lbs and shipping was $44.00. Saves about 20-25.00 if you buy large 96oz bags from stores.

Good luck with your search.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
Hi Moxie. I live in Maryland, which I know seems kinda far away, but hear me out. I have two boys that need a new home (just found out I'm really allergic to them). They are under 6 months old and love being together - so they have to stay together. I am willing to meet you halfway (New York?). I really want to make sure they get a home with someone who knows what they are doing. I have a C&C cage that I can give you too. I might have to break it down and you'll have to rebuild it - but it's easy and the coroplast is already cut. I would give you their hidey houses and stuff too - cause they are used to them and I think they would like to have them. I really want these guys to get a good forever home - so think about it and let me know. You can go to the members list and e-mail be from there. :) Oh, they are used to kids too. My 3 year old and 10 year old give them cuddles and they don't mind at all - they are gentle with them. They have to do all the cuddling now, because I can't! :( It would put me at ease to know they get a good home.

Moxie

Cavy Slave
I would love to take them.....But I don’t know what my mom would say. It is so sad my little sister’s just died about 2 months ago (but I took care of it) and she is still saying oh I miss patch (the guinea) so much and at dinner we say prayer ever night and last night she says, "I want Patch to be alive again." :(. So anyways my mom would probably say no because I don’t think she really wants another guinea pg now....also thought I would tell you I am only 13, just in case you would like to know. I will try and ask though, where in Maryland are you?

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Moxie said:
I would love to take them.....But I don’t know what my mom would say. It is so sad my little sister’s just died about 2 months ago (but I took care of it) and she is still saying oh I miss patch (the guinea) so much and at dinner we say prayer ever night and last night she says, "I want Patch to be alive again." :(. So anyways my mom would probably say no because I don’t think she really wants another guinea pg now....also thought I would tell you I am only 13, just in case you would like to know. I will try and ask though, where in Maryland are you?
Aww, that's sad.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
I am in Southern Maryland in a little farm town called Chaptico.

I understand that your mom may be weary, I'm a mom too and my girls are upset about them going away. They understand, though, and just want to be reassured that they are going to a good home. Please, don't feel like you have to talk your mom into it. If she really doesn't want other piggies right now, that's fine. I'll find these guys a home! I'll check back! :)

Moxie

Cavy Slave
mab0615 said:
Hi Moxie. I live in Lowell and foster for a rescue in NY. I only have two fosters now but that could always change.

My piggies love KM's hay. We are in zone 8. The total cost for 35lbs and shipping was $44.00. Saves about 20-25.00 if you buy large 96oz bags from stores.

Good luck with your search.
Are these the pigs you are fostering?
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.