Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Mites What brand Names?

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Ok, so I am treating my Two Piggies for mites with revolution but would like to have some oral "Horse" Ivermectin in the cupboard as a back up plan particularly because I have pup on the way and may be adopting three more young sows. I am planing on going to TSC tomorrow to pick up a tube, but I have no Idea what brand names I should be looking for. I was Just at the website (broken link removed) there are atleast 6 different brand of horse paste dewormer. What Brand should work best?

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
I don't think one is better than another. They are all pretty much the same. Just make sure you have the right form of ivermec.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Ditto to RnCL. Make sure the only active ingredient is ivermectin. It needs to be 1.87% if it's horse paste and don't get anything that says "plus" on the label as that means it will have more in it that just ivermectin.

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Thank you. Thats exsactly what I needed to know.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.