Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey guys, newbie from Australia here =)

distancel

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone. Well if you want to read about me or something, you could always look on my profile I put some information on there about my 2 piggies and myself. But in case you don't want to be bothered with that, I have 2 female guinea pigs named Buffy and Avril, and I am 24 and live in Australia...which you may have gathered some of that from the title of my post. (It's a little late at night I'm getting sleepy sorry if I ramble).

Well basically I'm pretty obsessed with my 2 girls and I have lurked on this site for a while now, using it as a guide to build my first c&c cage which I am quite proud of. Had never heard of such a thing and had always kept piggies in hutches, but now I have a lovely big cage and it's so much easier to see what the girls are up to not to mention with the new fleece bedding it's way easier to keep clean.

I have a few photos up on here already if you want to see the cage or my girls. Avril is hard to photograph as her white fur tends to reflect the flash like crazy and she looks like a little glowing ghost in most photos XD. That is why there are more of Buffy =).

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I bet they love their new cage!

distancel

Cavy Slave
Thanks =) They seem very content.

Well the ladies have a vet check up tomorrow to get their nails clipped (I am a little nervous to do it myself I want the vet to show me exactly how and where to cut, I have been doing it myself but I think I am too hesitant and could go a little shorter than I do) and a basic check up.

I think everything should be fine with them but of course I am still a little nervous. Avril seems to drink a lot of water (seriously last night she was at the water bottle every 10 minutes) whereas Buffy hardly drinks any but I'm hoping it's just a personal preference or she likes the sound. Of course tonight she seems to have not been drinking as often lol how confusing.

The are getting better with their floor time I think they are getting more familiar with the area, and it is good to see Buffy exercising a bit more she is a bit lazy, it's sometimes hard to get her to move for any reason except food :p

The girls have facebook pages, by the way.
Buffy Larkins-Wright | Facebook
Avril Larkins-Wright | Facebook

XD

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
They are adorable.

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your girls are cute and you're doing a nice job with the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.