Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Looking to Adopt in next few days near Rochester NY

LearnAsIGo

Cavy Slave
My daughter comes back home tomorrow and gets her cage and rest of her setup (her bday present!) and then she will be going to pick out her guinea pigs. I know she would rather rescue a nice pair rather than buy from a pet store, but I came up empty at Petfinder as to individual owners. Only thing listed is a humane society over an hour away, and in the past, we found that going there is an ALL DAY affair, and with 7 kids in tow, I can't reasonably do that.

So just figured I'd post just in case by chance someone local had some they needed to find a good home for.

Got a nice 3x4x3 stories high c&c cage all rady to go for them, and she is 12 and has been researching for years on them, so they will have a good home here! :)

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

LearnAsIGo

Cavy Slave
Thanks, just checked it out - had seen that already thru Petfinder, but Salem NY isn't anywhere near us here unfortunately.

Thanks anyway! Or let me know if I am missing anything!

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Have you tried craigslist.org, gpan.net, cavyrescue.com and www.guinealynx.com placement forum? They can help find you piggies and/or possibly transport.

Baby Bears

Cavy Slave
Are you still looking? I have two boys that need a home! If you are, just post a message here and I'll let you know all about them and you can decide. These two have been together since they were 2 weeks old (they are only 6 months old now) and have to stay together, though! I found out I'm allergic to them :(

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Hope you've found some. Please don't buy from a pet store, see www.cavyspirit.com/petstores.htm for more info. Also, www.guinealynx.info, www.cavyspirit.com, and www.guineapigcages.com have some of the most reliable information on cavies anywhere. A medical records book from www.guinealynx.com is a great source of up-to-date information.

Just wanted to make sure that you will be the primary caretaker, because even though I'm sure she is going to love the cavies they need someone to monitor their health, feed them pellets, water, fresh veggies, and hay daily, change the cage, etc. These can be daunting tasks to any child, no matter what the age. Thanks, and once again, good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.