Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

PVC tube for pigs??????

F

Falcon The Lancer

PVC tube for pigs??????

i was at the hardware store today and i saw this PVC water pipe T-joint(the big ones) i was wondering if i could buy that for my pig so he could play/hide in it, i read that pvc is the hardest plastic to break down for nature (something like that) so does this mean if he chews on it that it ill just come out the same way and thus is okay for him????

i asked the petstores and 1 said no and 1 said yes :mad:

P

peachygrl

Re: PVC tube for pigs??????

Here is a quote from the following URL:

www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm

Plumbing Pipe
If you already have some 4" wide plumbing pipe, the different joint combinations (T's and elbows and +'s) can make interesting tunnels for the piggies to run through and hide in. Please be aware that while PVC pipe is not toxic to your guinea pigs, it is one of the most environmentally damaging plastics on the planet.

Hope that helped! :)

Attachments

IMGP1451.jpg IMGP1450.jpg IMGP1449.jpg IMGP1448.jpg Photo0434.jpg Photo0432.jpg Photo0431.jpg IMGP1696.jpg IMGP1695.jpg IMGP1694.jpg IMGP1693.jpg IMGP1692.jpg
T

ThreeLittlePiggies

Lovin the PVC Tube

I have a piece of PVC tube in the cage for my three little girls and they all seem to really like it. They rarely chew on it, but so far there is not even a tooth mark on it. It may just be where I it is located in their cage, but they use it primarily for a poop and pee zone. I have to clean it out pretty much every other day. :mad:

Attachments

20120708_190414.jpg photo.jpg photo-2.jpeg 521519_3829948306292_379263594_n.jpg
F

Falcon The Lancer

Re: Lovin the PVC Tube

got him a t joint hes still kinda shy with it, first he but it a little then he ignored it, later he walked tru it :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.