Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Is an x-large Pigloo big enough for two piggies?

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
We were at Petsmart today, picking up Bedding(Aspen) and I was looking at the piggies in the cage(yes, I am always tempted just to look at them) and saw that at least 4 were sleeping together in a X-Large Pigloo. Do you think an X-Large Pigloo would fit one fat Piggie and one teeny Piggie?

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
I wouldn't recommend a pigaloo for two, with the narrow entrance it's too easy for one pig to trap the other inside.

If you want something for two there's some hidies with much wider enterances or duel entrances/exits.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Two should fit but each pig should have it's own hidey to get away from each other when needed.

Ash-Ro060708

Cavy Slave
I have a extra large igloo and my 3 adult males often sleep in it together.

(the light green one)
(broken link removed)

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Two should fit but each pig should have it's own hidey to get away from each other when needed.
I do agree with that and I will get them each their own hidey but Carly likes to sleep near Sandy so I'm not for sure if they would sleep together or not.

Toadies

Cavy Slave
If you have the space, it would be neat to give them the option of being alone or sharing a space. I also cut the tunnel portion of the pigloo off to allow for their more ample bottoms. Even though my boys have separate pigloos, I frequently find them door-to-door, facing each other nose-to-nose.

Froggirl009

Cavy Slave
My piggies have a pigloo and a bent grid hidey in their cage. Sometimes they fight and don't want to be anywhere near the other one (like most sisters) and sometimes they snuggle right up next to each other in their pigloo.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
My piggies have a pigloo and a bent grid hidey in their cage. Sometimes they fight and don't want to be anywhere near the other one (like most sisters) and sometimes they snuggle right up next to each other in their pigloo.
That is so cute! Although, what's funny is that Carly CANNOT get anywhere near Sandy's butt without Sandy Squeaking. She doesn't like anyone near her private area. LOL

If you have the space, it would be neat to give them the option of being alone or sharing a space. I also cut the tunnel portion of the pigloo off to allow for their more ample bottoms. Even though my boys have separate pigloos, I frequently find them door-to-door, facing each other nose-to-nose.
That is so cute too!!!! Guess I'll have to buy a third one if I adopt a third one.

Porky's Mom

Cavy Slave
My pigs like their own space so I make sure that there are always 6 hideouts. I was disappointed to find out that guinea pigs don't always like to snuggle with each other. I think they do this at the pet store so much because they are scared.

They will snuggle during laptime but not in their cage.

I have a big pigloo and my pigs like to get in there and sprawl out, as it is on top of a very comfy pet bed. If you have the room, give them lots of different hideys!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.