Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I feel so bad

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
Today in my english class my teacher was handing back our essays we wrote about Huckleberry Finn. I was really anxious to get mine back because I felt really proud of what I wrote. My teacher then pulls me aside and askes me if I plagerised(sp) my essay. I was shocked and told her no. Later in the class she read a passage from the internet and said "Many people, if feel, have plagerised from things they found on the internet, some even from this class" (she avoids eye contact with me). I do admit the thing she read did sound a lot like what I wrote, but I know i didn't plagerise. I feel so bad, she didn't seem to believe me when I told her I didn't copy it. Now when she looks at me I feel as though she thinks less of me. She spent half and hour explaining that plagerism was wrong and that its worse to plagerise then to not turn in a paper at all. I dont know what Im going to do.... Sorry Im just venting.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Well, today in home ec. class, my teacher was giving back our progress reports, and I got a D! I read over it, it was because I didn't turn in something that is due Friday!! Everyone else in the class got an A, except me! I could really only start it today, because the folder I need was in that class, which was in school. If I didn't turn it in yet, then everyone else in the class that didn't turn it in yet should get a bad grade too, but nope, they all got A's!

Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
WOW!!! That's the most I've gotten off school all year, and that was on Christmas vacation!!

Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
WOW!!!! Yesterday, it snowed REALLY bad, but they didn't cancle school! I don't think they would cancle if the end of the world was coming.

Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
We have about nine inches, but last night we also had freezing rain. We heard an ambulance or something go by about twenty minutes ago.

Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Me too Queen B!

weezer007
Poohbear

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
weezer007 said:
You only got a week for Christmas? We got 2!
Yep. My school is AWFUL!!!!!

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
CaliGirl said:
Today in my english class my teacher was handing back our essays we wrote about Huckleberry Finn. I was really anxious to get mine back because I felt really proud of what I wrote. My teacher then pulls me aside and askes me if I plagerised(sp) my essay. I was shocked and told her no. Later in the class she read a passage from the internet and said "Many people, if feel, have plagerised from things they found on the internet, some even from this class" (she avoids eye contact with me). I do admit the thing she read did sound a lot like what I wrote, but I know i didn't plagerise. I feel so bad, she didn't seem to believe me when I told her I didn't copy it. Now when she looks at me I feel as though she thinks less of me. She spent half and hour explaining that plagerism was wrong and that its worse to plagerise then to not turn in a paper at all. I dont know what Im going to do.... Sorry Im just venting.
You need to definately talk to your parents about this teacher, and then maybe even the principal of the school if your teacher isn't convinced when your parents talk to her. She is being very rude to you, especially when she talked to the whole class about plagerism. I'm so sorry Caligirl, because it seems like you spent a lot of time on that paper. Definately try to talk to her again. Did your parents help you with it like knowing that you did it yourself? Talk to your parents, have them talk to her*but first talk to her yourself*, and then talk to the principal if she refuses to listen to your parents and you.

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
Its kind of funny. I had my dad read over my paper to correct it before I turned it in and he too asked me if I wrote this my self. He said it was really good, but it didn't sound like my writing. I dont under stand how it couldn't sound like me. I reread it over and over again to my self, but I didn't see how it sounded any differnet. And then to go to english and find my teacher asking the same thing. It kind of puts be down, I wounder if they even considered that for once I could write something really go. Has that ever happened to you, that you are an average writer, and then you get a topic that you can really express yourself in.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yes, always. I sucked at english over the past couple of years but this year and last Ive been getting A* for every peice of coursework. The topics we get given are so easy to write about, it just flows. However, I gave my peice to my brother once so that he could read it. He thought I copied it off the internet, but I didn't! Its frustrating that you spend so much time on something, then somebody thinks you've just copied it.

Did you get a mark for your essay though?

Poohbear

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
Did you get a mark for your essay though?
I got a "B+" which Im not upset about. Im happy with the grade I got. I just got a little upset when she tought it wasn't my work. When I told her I didn't copy it, she didn't question me any more about it, but its just the look that she gave me. It was as though deep down she really didn't believe me. Im just a really emotional person, I take things to heart. Oh well, I'll live. Thanks everyone

Poohbear
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.