Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Run out of connectors

Smudgetoffee

Cavy Slave
So I got my grids today, £21.50 in the UK :( and found that I am 10 connectors short. Odd, of all the hours I spent checking the measurements I need and the materials I need, connectors never crossed my mind.
Over here in the UK it'll cost me £25.05 to have 10 connectors shipped, that's more than the set itself, I'd like to know how much it'd cost to have 10 shipped to Telford, UK, but when I click "add to basket" it says there is an error with merchant's page.
Failing that, anyone know anywhere else I can buy some decent price connectors? I've found a website which does $0.69 for 4 but they don't ship to the UK.
Thanks

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
I know, i had my grids shipped from the u.s to ireland. I used the plastic cable tie backs. Worked better than the connectors and grids are much closer together. B&Q will have them or any DIY store.
Email the seller,i'm sure he/she would post to the uk. They usually do.
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I recomend using cable ties. I ran out of conectors so fast I needed an extra 13!

Smudgetoffee

Cavy Slave
I know, i had my grids shipped from the u.s to ireland. I used the plastic cable tie backs. Worked better than the connectors and grids are much closer together. B&Q will have them or any DIY store.
Email the seller,i'm sure he/she would post to the uk. They usually do.
(broken link removed)

I'm not sure about having them closer together due to the choroplast size (I don't have it yet, still waiting for TelfordSigns to respond)
Cheers for the link, I've sent the seller a message asking if they ship to the UK.
Sadly though it looks like I need a new set :(
I recomend using cable ties. I ran out of conectors so fast I needed an extra 13!

I don't trust cable ties to be honest, I'm adding a second floor soon too. Plus my parents really want it to look smart (it's under my bed, taking up 1/3 of my room!).
Although having said that I've "fixed" many things with cable ties :)

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I don't trust cable ties to be honest, I'm adding a second floor soon too. Plus my parents really want it to look smart (it's under my bed, taking up 1/3 of my room!).
Although having said that I've "fixed" many things with cable ties :)

My cage is more secure with the cable ties than it was with connectors. The grids popped out of the connectors a lot.

Just sayin' :D

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I don't trust cable ties to be honest, I'm adding a second floor soon too. Plus my parents really want it to look smart

Why not? They are much stronger than connectors.

You can cut the ends so they are hardly visible at all, and they come in a variety of colors.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
You can buy connectors separately (broken link removed). I always prefer the grid connectors AND cable ties. The connectors hold the grids even and the cable ties make it very sturdy.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
You can buy connectors separately (broken link removed). I always prefer the grid connectors AND cable ties. The connectors hold the grids even and the cable ties make it very sturdy.

Thats a great site Paula . I tried setting up an account but sadly it doesn't look like they ship to europe. I emailed them to check.

Smudgetoffee

Cavy Slave
My cage is more secure with the cable ties than it was with connectors. The grids popped out of the connectors a lot.

Just sayin' :D

Why not? They are much stronger than connectors.

You can cut the ends so they are hardly visible at all, and they come in a variety of colors.

I do have some, but as it is my Seville set is very sturdy, I'll be cable-tying later on. I'd rather have both.

Thanks, looks great, do you know if they ship to the UK though? I've sent them a message but don't know when/if they'll respond.
EDIT: Just saw the above post :(

Onetwo

Cavy Slave
I prefer cable ties AND connectors too. LOL I wish I had some extra other wise I would send you some myself! Good luck

Smudgetoffee

Cavy Slave
Update (can't edit the above) - done another deal with my parents, they're paying for another set on my behalf, I'm paying them back when I can :)
Thanks for the help people.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
What store in the uk did you get the grids ?

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
This store appears to be based in the UK:
(broken link removed)

And here are some other US sources of the grids and connectors that may or may not ship outside the US.
(broken link removed)
Mini-Grid Display Units | Mini-Grid Accessories

Good luck!

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Smudgetoffee i got an email from (broken link removed) . They asked for the code of product and amount and full address. I just emailed 20 conectors to see the shipping cost. So they will email me back later. Good info to know for the future.

Smudgetoffee

Cavy Slave
What store in the uk did you get the grids ?

I got it from an Ebay seller ((broken link removed)) for £21.50 total, it comes with 10 normal grids, 6 mesh grids, and 18 connectors :)
I hopefully won't need any more connectors.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.