PDA

View Full Version : My three pigs doing tricks (video)

lissie
10-01-09, 02:46 am
Just wanted to share with you guys. My three pigs doing circle and stand.
YouTube - Guinea Pig Tricks - Circle and Stand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4N54i4L4uo)

My pigs learned how to do circle trick in one week. I am amazed!

princesspoppy
10-01-09, 02:59 am
That is super. Next thing you know,they'll be rolling over. You have lovely pigs.

lissie
10-01-09, 03:00 am
Thank you :) You have lovely pigs too.

Duffinvt
10-01-09, 05:01 am
That was very cute ! Thanks for sharing !

angiekay
10-01-09, 06:22 am
That is just too adorable, my Fred does that stand thing everytime I go to his cage, I am going to try and teach him the circle thing too. Thanks for sharing. And you do have very cute piggers.

Katie_Kutthroat
10-27-09, 11:33 pm
I love Rocky's hair. I really want to try and teach my Pig that!

TallulahBear
10-28-09, 12:53 am
That is so awesome! What sweet pigs.

Wheekie
10-28-09, 01:36 am
Sooo adorable! Beautiful piggies! I'm going to try to start teaching that circle trick tomorrow! Thanks for the sweet video!

lissie
10-28-09, 01:49 am
Thank you for all the complements. :) They are really smart and they melt my heart every time when they do new tricks I teach them.

MileyPiggyMom
10-28-09, 06:16 am
They are cute!!! I really think that piggies will do anything for food! ;)

GizzyandMe
10-28-09, 06:20 am
I love how in the end they all stand grab their treat and run off with it. Very cute!!!

lissie
10-28-09, 11:00 pm
I love how in the end they all stand grab their treat and run off with it. Very cute!!!

Hahaha... well.. once they get their treat, I'm history!

Tessa Bea
10-28-09, 11:05 pm
So cute! I'm trying to get my guinea pigs to learn tricks... do you have any tips?

Wheekie
10-28-09, 11:22 pm
I'm not too good on my breeds. What kind of Piggie is Rocky? I LOVE his hair!

lissie
10-29-09, 03:16 am
I'm not too good on my breeds. What kind of Piggie is Rocky? I LOVE his hair!

So cute! I'm trying to get my guinea pigs to learn tricks... do you have any tips?
My husband taught them how to stand on their hind legs. I'm not sure if he has any tips on that. I taught them to do circle. I find that using their most favorite veggie works best. In this case, baby carrots. I slice them into tiny slices so they can only have 1 bite at a time. All I did was just hold the carrot and have them follow my hand in circle and repeat the word "circle" and give the carrot to them when they complete the circle.

Try not to train them when they expect their full course salad. They'll be too frustrated. I always keep carrots out of their main menu and reserve it only for training. I usually wait a couple hours after their main course to do the training. They learn really fast and they copy each other. When they see the other do it and get treats, they will follow.

I just taught them to put their paws in my hand. Now they know 3 tricks: stand, circle and hand. The hand trick is the easiest one so far. Since they already knew how to stand on their hinds to beg for food, I put one hand under their front paws and say "hand". Now when I put my hand flat in front of them and say "hand", they will put their paws on my hand.

I'm trying to teach them to switch between different paws. I saw that on YouTube. I wonder how people taught their pigs to do that.

caviesareawesom
10-30-09, 10:42 pm
Very cute guinea pigs and fleece!

Tessa Bea
10-30-09, 11:18 pm
I'm trying to teach them to switch between different paws. I saw that on YouTube. I wonder how people taught their pigs to do that.
I saw that too- I'd love to figure it out! I also saw a piggie picking up a ball and placing it in a bowl for carrots. So far Tahiri and Kimi have figured out that when I say "Noms!" that I'm getting them their munchies, and I started trying to train them on circles today. I found a youtube video on how to do that as well. Thanks for your tips!