Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia where to buy 9*9 grid

Winterwhite

Cavy Slave
i just got 2 piggies, and i'm looking for 9*9 grid..
i've tried port melbourne bunnings, reject shop on bourke street, ALDI..
still no luck..
please help

anyone got any to sale?
thanks

i'm in Melbourne CBD

Bamysmum

Cavy Slave
I live in Sydney & I've not found any grids here (yet). In the meanwhile I've constructed my pen out of coroflute (aka coroplast). I got a huge sheet from a sign writer for $30 and folded it into a rectangle box. The girls absolutely love it. I'm still on the look out for grids so if I do find them I'll post on this forum.

Seonta

Cavy Slave
If you're able have you checked E-bay? I got a great deal on there.

poopysmom

Cavy Slave
Winterwhite, I am in Melbourne too, the thing is with those grids thing, you have to try quite a few bunnings to get them and each bunnings priced them differently.

I live in Parkdale and the nearest Bunnings to me is the Mentone Bunnings. They are selling them for 11.50 each for a pack of 5. (IBEX GRIDS). That is the cheapest I can find. Apparently, the more lousy the surburb is, the cheaper it is. More affluent areas's Bunnings sells them at like 15.00 dollars. I myself have seen several prices.

So, try the Bunnings over at the west side. You might luck out. You wont find them at ALDI and Reject Shop anymore. Even Big W stops selling them.

As for corflute, (broken link removed)

go to this guy on ebay. Most of us all buy from him. He is a great and friendly guy and he got tons of corflute supercheap. He is located in Keysborough. Can be too far from you if you do not have transport, but seriously, it is the cheapest corflute you can find. a 190x130cm can fit a 2x5 easily. You do not even have to buy 30 pieces. Just message him an offer and you can buy it in smaller amount.

Hope this helps!

BTW, ACS (Australian Cavy Sanctuary) Lakes Shelter, QLD, is having a renovation right now. Alina, the shelter manager said she has tons of 2nd hand grids for sale. She is selling a pack of 5 for 13 dollars.

nellybev

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have called all around to Bunnings stores and I was told they are a deleted item!

Please if anyone knows another place to get them share it on here!

Thanks,

Megan

poopysmom

Cavy Slave
nellybev, if you can tell me where you are located, I can try to help you locate some grids.

Ta.

nellybev

Cavy Slave
Hi! I'm in Melbourne, near the CBD. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Megan

poopysmom

Cavy Slave
Hi nellybev,

I am in Melbourne as well and as I mentioned before in my earlier post to winterwhite, I bought mine in Bunnings Mentone. You really need to go to a few Bunnings before you can find it. It is true that it is a deleted item, BUT, they are still selling whatever stock that are left. I bought mine just barely a month ago (I bought five packs) and I saw them in the 3 Bunnings that I went to (Bunnings Keysborough, Bunnings Mentone and Bunnings Frankston)

So, you might need to go in personally and search for them as some of the staff I found have no idea at all what I am talking about.

Its at the storage aisle and is called IBEX GRIDS. Good luck. If worse come to worse, I know of a piggy shelter manager in Queensland, she sells custom C&C cage packs (with corflute and everything). She may be able to post it to you if you don't mind the postage.

Let me know.

Ta.

tree_hugger

Cavy Slave
Hi, I have called all around to Bunnings stores and I was told they are a deleted item!

Please if anyone knows another place to get them share it on here!

Thanks,

Megan

My two local Bunnings have both stopped selling them, too.

I am going to try this:

(broken link removed)

By my count, you'd get 25 grids. Hope that helps. :)

Paul67

Cavy Slave
Bunnings in Notting Hill, Ferntree Gully Road has 9x9 grid in white for about $13.00 a pack and corflute for about $14.00 for 1900mm x 1100mm.

The corflute is in one of the aisles with the masonite, the 9x9 grids are in the aisles near the storage section. They are up on the 3rd or 4th shelf so you need to keep your eyes peeled.

Good luck.

pink_bubbles

Cavy Slave
My two local Bunnings have both stopped selling them, too.

I am going to try this:

(broken link removed)

By my count, you'd get 25 grids. Hope that helps. :)

Hi. Have you got your 'scrapbooking' grids yet? Do they work well? The image on ebay looked really good thou.:eek:ptimist:

tree_hugger

Cavy Slave
Hi Pink_Bubbles,

I don't have them yet, amazingly I used to be an avid scrapbooker and had several of those paper holders that I gave away on my local Freecycle! I am just kicking myself!

From what I remember, I am sure they will do the job perfectly. :)

pink_bubbles

Cavy Slave
haha. Thanks tree_hugger. =D Thats quite funny really. Dont kick yourself yet. Im sure somebody else is really thinkful for your scrapbooking grids! I will be lookin forward to seeing how your cage turns out. =D

On that topic, Im from Brisbane. Does anybody know where I MIGHT be able to find some black grids apart from the usual white grids from Bunnings (which incidentally is getting more and more expensive *glooms*). Ive been looking whereever I can in Kmart, Target, Aldi etc and these grids seem like alien objects to the store workers there. Its obviously not a widely known object. Will be thankful for any sugestions! =Dlol

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
Hi!
The Bunnings in Preston sells a pack of five grids for about $12.50. They also sell small sheets of corflute for about $4.50.

Hope that helps someone!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.