PDA

View Full Version : Video of the girls- floortime

Duffinvt
09-30-09, 03:10 pm
They have a ball running around. And no, the woodstove is not burning. When we light it, we'll have to section the floor to keep them away from it. They have rugs and fleece to run on, but do seem to like the slate floor !

YouTube - GP Movie 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF95kGUX7K0)

Tessa Bea
09-30-09, 04:33 pm
Cute! They are rather fast. I hope Shadey doesn't make herself slip too often!

CavyMama
09-30-09, 04:55 pm
Very cute. Thanks for sharing!

rjramer06
10-04-09, 08:18 pm
Wow! They have a LOT of space to roam around. Do you just clean the slate after they're done? How do you keep them from running off?

Duffinvt
10-06-09, 01:11 pm
Wow! They have a LOT of space to roam around. Do you just clean the slate after they're done? How do you keep them from running off?

For the most part they do not "go" when on the slate. Maybe one pee or poop. Slate is easy to clean, so I don't worry about it until they are done playing. You should see them run around and play games now that they are used to the area. I do have several cubes ziptied together to keep them from the end where the couch is as I don't want them to be under there. We have a step up into the main part of the house and I have had to put a large screen up against it to keep our cat out. She seems to want to play with them, but I don't dare let her be around them unsupervised. They have touched noses with her and sniffed her and she is OK with that but she seems to want to go after them when they go into a tunnel or under the woodbox, cat and mouse game, but I am afraid she will scratch them. It is a bit hard to catch them when floortime is up. I end up chasing them around and getting them to go in a box (piggie elevator trick !) to take back to their cage, but I am getting used to it and they are too. I worried that I was stressing them out, but I pet them and make sure they have a treat once back in the cage and they are fine and don't go into hiding, so I guess they are not too stressed by the capture !

Is an hour a day of floortime about right? They seem to tire and quiet down after 45 minutes or so.

JD In Van
10-06-09, 01:41 pm
Wow! they run around so much. My boys would park themselves under the wood pile and not move at all. They hate wide open spaces like that. They're more active if I put them in my bath room or kitchen where it's smaller then if I let them run in the living room.

spiritofthepig5
10-06-09, 02:33 pm
Wow! they run around so much. My boys would park themselves under the wood pile and not move at all. They hate wide open spaces like that. They're more active if I put them in my bath room or kitchen where it's smaller then if I let them run in the living room.

Yeah my piggies hate wide open spaces. They love the bathroom where the floor is warm and they love popcorning on our rugs.lol