Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece?

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
How does this work for you? I started using fleece bedding about two weeks ago, and I admit, it doesn't really smell. However, my boys are constantly peeing on where I put the hay, and the hay won't come off of the fleece, so I can't wash it unless I handpick it off every time. I've tried putting the hay on top of an old pan so that the hay would stick to the pan, but all they do is track it all over the cage. How do you do it?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Poohbear

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have a coroplast hay box in my loft. What little bits of hay they drag out easily is cleaned up. Do you use any type of rack for the hay or do you just put a big pile in? Before I made the box, I would take the fleece outside and shake off most of the hay then handpick the tiny bits off. Also I used to keep the hay in a litter pan.

suzy_99

Cavy Slave
I have my hay in a hay rack that is on a plastic mid-level between their first and second level. I also found that having the hay on the fleece caused major problems. Maybe you could try putting something like a big litter box with the front cut open under their hay rack, that way all of the hay would fall into this box (a coroplasts box would work just as good, especially if you still have the materials.

bubbleguine

Cavy Slave
So what are the benifits of using fleece and would i just put it down or what?

Poohbear

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Bubbleguine your question is in another fleece post too. Please don't ask it in every fleece post. You have a couple of answers in the other post "fleece plaids".

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.