Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Eating plastic flooring.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Help needed asap. I scooped poop and did the usual daily clean up about an hour ago. Everything in the cage was fine. Just a few minutes ago i went to give the pigs dinner and they were both eating the plastic that makes up the walls and covers the floor. They swallowed it as i couldn't find any pieces around the cage. What to do ? And what harm will come from they ingesting the plastic.

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
Are you talking coroplast or is it another kind of plastic?

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
It's a thick plastic table covering. About 3 times the thickness of a shower curtin.
c_c_002.jpg

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If they ingest too much of it, it can cause problems. Are you having problems finding Correx?

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Having problems making it ly. I got it free and have ruined 2 large pieces so far. I have 4 pieces left so waiting for my brother to come up next week to sort it out for me. What to do in the mean time ? remove the plastic from the around the walls and tuck it under. The grids are closed almost tightly no gaps as such.

Last edited:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You could have the plastic come only a couple inches up the wall then drape the fleece over it and use binder clips to attach it the sides. That way it would make a small barrier so poo isn't so easily flung out onto the floor.

I can't tell much from that small photo other than your fleece is really cute. So I'm not sure how far the plastic comes up the sides.

Correx/coroplast can sometimes be tricky. What you have to do is measure the inside of your cage (both length and width) then deduct about 1/4" all the way around. Measure the coro at least two or more times before attempting to score the part that will make the sides.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Plastic comes up about 5 inches. Poop is flung. I bet they do it on purpose. Do you think they would be better off going back to being free ranGe till i get the coroplast fixed up. I actually jumped on the coroplast out of sheer frustration.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.