Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives What can I use instead of Coroplast?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I'm making my two guinea pigs a C&C Cage, but I cannot find any coroplast under $30.

What can I use instead of Coroplast that is cheaper and will fit a 2x4 C&C Cage? (I'm using fleece as bedding.)

Should I just splurge on the Coroplast? I need the coroplast today (sunday) and not a lot of sign stores will be open, what other places can I get coroplast? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Coroplast will be the easiest and look the nicest, so if you have to pay a bit more, I would go for it. Did you try the store locator on this site? Also, if you tell them it's for a guinea pig cage and not a sign they will sometimes lower the price. You're unlikely to get coroplast on a Sunday. Make something temporary for your pigs today and get the coroplast tomorrow if you can.

If you really can't find it, look through the C&C alternative cages gallery to get ideas. Linoleum is one possibility. But like I said, I think you'll like the coroplast the best, so it's worth calling around and spending some time trying to find it. Although some people find it cheaper, $30-35 is certainly reasonable for a sheet.

willow2

Cavy Slave
I use a shower curtain under my cage, it works well as long as you use fleece so the bedding dosnt stick to it. They are really cheap too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.