Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new gp, pregnant?

P

Peggy IL

new gp, pregnant?

My new female guinea pig is six months old and apparently has spent the whole of her life with her brother until yesterday. Her brother went to a new home with another male pig and Charlie (Charlotte) came home with me. I am going to find her a companion, but I am waiting on a rescue.

We think Charlie is pregnant by her brother. Is that a genetic problem? I suspect it is and I have read something about it, and can't remember the specifics, but I just couldn't leave her there alone no matter what problems she may have or develop with this pregnancy.

I know she must miss her sibling terribly. How do I make this transition less stressful for her?

Also, if she truly is pregnant, I really don't know how far along she would be, so therefore, don't know when to expect the birth/births. I have read all the things to feed her while she is pregnant, but is there anything special she needs for a bed or to play with?

Are there any signs when it gets closer to baby time?

TIA for all your help!

Attachments

043.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.