Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introducing myself (no piggies... YET!)

Drama

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! My name is Liz and I'm new. I'm contemplating possibly adopting some piggies in the (near-ish) future, so I joined this forum. I've found that forums like this are some of the best places to learn about animals, or at least they have been for me.

I know the basic things about cavies, but I want to do a lot more learning before actually adopting (there's a guinea pig rescue about a half hour away! :D) anyone. I want to make sure I do everything right, you know? :)

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome.

LoverO'Squiggle

Cavy Slave
No worries. I got my piggie when he was a wee little baby and you just have to make sure you give them LOTS of love and treats. You can train them like dogs if you have the time and patience, and its way more rewarding when your pig learns tricks than any other animal. I got my pig cause my apartment wont allow dogs or cats and I'm glad I got him. : ) I have never regretted it!

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Welcome! This site has a good overview and lists some common misconceptions. You might find it useful: Guinea Pig Care

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.