Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

We found a buddy!! Yea!!

Fiver

Cavy Slave
Well, I got my first pig during the summer from the humane society. He is the best thing in the world:love:!! But then I wanted to get Fiver a buddy so I have been looking and looking in shelters, on petfinder and on CraigsList.
I wanted to get a baby so their chances of getting along are higher and I finally found a baby that was what I was looking for on CL. He is 5 weeks old and we named him Jasper!! He seems pretty shy. I don't know if he will always be this way or if he will loosen up a little. Fiver is very social so I am hoping that he will rub off on Jasper.
Jasper is still in quarantine, which is a good thing since he had lice!! But I can not wait to get them together! We are expanding the 2x3 cage to 2x4 this weekend! :)
Happy to share!

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Awww, congrats! He's adorable!

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
He's very cute! Make sure you double check the sex before you introduce them.

angiekay

Cavy Slave
Awwww, I'm so happy for you, it's hard finding the "right" one sometimes, as I very well know, I'm going through the same thing, looking for a younger male for my 7 month old dominant one! I have 2 dominant boars who were fighting and now separated, but odd #'s, leaves the one alone........Jasper is sooooo cute, post up more pics when you get a chance, he's a cutie pie!!!!

MissFormosa

Cavy Slave
I love that little guy! I saw him in the gallery and swooned!

GizzyandMe

Cavy Slave
He is very cute!!

RosiesMama

Cavy Slave
Aw, he's adorable!
I've read that pigs can get lice, but I don't know how? Do they jump onto them from human heads? What a nightmare. Hope he's doing well now!

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs can get lice, but they get them from other guinea pigs, not from humans. It's a different kind of louse.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.