Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Infection Piggy eye infection?

missyj

Cavy Slave
I'm taking Patches to the vet in the am, but what should I do with my other pigs? I believe patches has an eye infection, red swollen left eye, white milky substance coming out, which I read about the white substance being normal. But do you I need to take her out of the cage from the others. Will they get an eye infection too? Patches and Ginger have been together for ever, Patches being Gingers mother and the new one, nothing wrong with her, has been with them for 2 weeks now. Please help.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The white milky substance is grooming fluid and you are right, it's normal. If they live together, there is no reason to separate because the other pigs have already been exposed. I would just keep an eye on your other pigs to make sure they don't end up with an eye infection.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.