Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I need a c&c cage!

CaViEsRuLe96

Cavy Slave
UHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED I C&C CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! okay well anyway! i just got 2 guinea pigs off of craigslist 4 days ago! and well the cage that the woman gave us is hardly big enough for 1 guinea pig!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH LESS 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i already knew about c&c cages) well so i asked my dad if he would buy me one! and quoting exactly what he said! he said "NO!!!!!!!! THEM GUINEA PIGS ARE FINE! AND THEY WILL BE FINE FOR A WHILE! SO JUST STOP ASKING!" :yikes: HELP ME TALK HIM INTO IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (by the way my dad does not like small animals)

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
re: I need a c&c cage!

I will be honest with you, I do not feel that you should have taken on the responsibility of two guinea pigs when you were not entirely prepared for them. Anyway, you could check local Craigslist ads (we have several for sale around my town) or hunt around for cubes at garage sales if at all possible. Until you do get a C&C cage, it would be wise to give them plenty of floor time in a safe, enclosed pen each day. I am sorry that I am not much help, but I do not really know how you could get a C&C for cheap really quickly.

angiekay

Cavy Slave

Well, why did he even let you get them to begin with? I mean if he's not going to allow you to "invest" in a sufficient size cage for them, what is going to happen when they need to see the vet? Should have planned ahead for this and knew what you were getting into, you said you already "knew about c&c cages", so why didn't have that worked about before getting them?

It's not only that, but they cost a fair amount of money to support and time to care for, with the daily veggie feedings, grocery store trips to make sure you have fresh veggies, cleaning the cage, good quality pellets and hay aren't cheap by no means! So how are you planning on supporting them I would like to know?

I'm sure moderators would advise against, all caps and the use of all the exclamation points.

CaViEsRuLe96

Cavy Slave

I will be honest with you, I do not feel that you should have taken on the responsibility of two guinea pigs when you were not entirely prepared for them. Anyway, you could check local Craigslist ads (we have several for sale around my town) or hunt around for cubes at garage sales if at all possible. Until you do get a C&C cage, it would be wise to give them plenty of floor time in a safe, enclosed pen each day. I am sorry that I am not much help, but I do not really know how you could get a C&C for cheap really quickly.
well here is the thing i was ready for them it is just they did not show the cage on the add that the put up. so i did not know that they bought a small cage! but i understand what you are saying!

SFailed186

Cavy Slave

well here is the thing i was ready for them it is just they did not show the cage on the add that the put up. so i did not know that they bought a small cage! but i understand what you are saying!

You were not entirely ready. It does not matter if they posted a picture or not, the responsible thing to do would have been to ask them what kind of cage they had. Regardless, you should have had supplies just in case and assumed that they were in a petstore cage. Sadly, C&C cages are not as popular as they should be.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave

What if you worked off the cost of a c&c. Do jobs around the house,wash the car do some ironing. You can get stacking cube grids in the likes of k mart and so on for around $15 or on ebay. 16 grids and connectors for $30.
Or heres a link thats includes coroplast.
(broken link removed)
Really wish you have gotten all the information about the pigs and cage first. But,whats done is done and i wish you luck.

Last edited:

CaViEsRuLe96

Cavy Slave
Pleast do not reply to this post! i can not figure out how to delete it! my dad let me get a C&C cage shortly after i posted this! my guinea pigs are happy as can be!
Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.