Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Lump!!!

Juicybeanie

Cavy Slave
I am having the WORST week...first my guinea pigs had mites, then one had open cuts from the skin scrapings, and now I found a lump on my 3 year old guinea pig. The lump is about the size of a large pea. It is located in her armpit area on her left side. I just found it today and have made a vet appt for Monday. What could it be?? I'm praying that it is not cancer or anything life threatening. :(

clotho

Cavy Slave
https://www.guinealynx.info/lumps.html

Here is a link for some information about lumps.

My guinea pig had a lump in her armpit. I took her to the vet and had it removed. She did just fine and the lump turned out to be benign thank goodness!

You are doing the right thing taking her to the vet. Good luck and please let us know what the vet says!

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am having a lump problem with my piggy at the moment, I hope your piggy is diagnosed and sorted soon I know how scary it can be !

Also I think skin scrappings are unnecessary pain for the pigs, I think there is another way for tests like that to be done but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will be able to dismiss or confirm that...

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
You are correct that skin scrapings are painful and unreliable. It is better just to treat for mites without doing a test for it.

Good luck with your pig!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.