Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Play pen

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I was thinking that since I won't have any grids leftover and playpens are pretty expensive, that I could drag the cage into the living room for play time because its going to be pretty light. Would that work as a play pen cage?

Most likely, the cage would be brought into the living room for an hour or so for laptime and floortime to get used to the family because my family doesn't come into my room that often so...Would putting the cage in the living room for an hour or so work to getting them used to the family a little better?

Rnd210

Cavy Slave
I think the point of a playpen is to get them out of the cage for a while and into a bigger area for exercise so just moving the cage to the living room would not work. you could use your emagination and block areas off with boxes or cardboard.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Exactly Rnd210.That's what i tried to explain to her in the chat. Floor time is giving the pigs the extra space to run around and explore instead of being stuck in a small Store bought cage. If the family haven't gotten used to the pigs and vice versa after having them over a year then nothing will change. Anyway....link to explain floor time.
Guinea Pig Floor Time
And if the pigs poop in the living room then put down old towels so you don't get into trouble. And block off an area.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
If you are just moving the cage, that really defeats the purpose of floor time.

Why don't you just order extra grids?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.