Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

http://www.savetoby.com/

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
This is truly one of the sickest things I have ever come across. Is there any way to have offensive, threatening things like this removed from the internet? Do you think PETA might be able to do anything about it? I am horrified that someone would find this amusing.

(broken link removed)

JEMZY

Cavy Slave
Oh my god, that is sick!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I know. I sent the link to PETA, but I don't know what, if anything, they will say or do about it. Hopefully they will at least have suggestions of who I - we - could complain to about it.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I'm sure it is a hoax .... I didn't ever think it was real ... but it's a horrible thing to joke about. I don't think people should be allowed to extort money on the threat of animal abuse any more than they can extort money on the threat of child abuse.

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
That's horrible. That just pisses me off. Excuse my language. People just do that for money. I just want to go save that little guy.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I don't even think it's the same rabbit in many pictures. There probably is no rabbit. It's just a way for some sick, perverted college student to rip people off by threatening to harm an animal that doesn't even exist. However, if this was about child abuse, it would probably be found and taken off the net. But animal abuse? Nah, that's not that big of a deal*sarcasm*. People with perverted minds like this severely disgust, and quite frankly, I think they should burn in hell. Pardon my french, but I feel very strongly that this should be removed from the internet. Yeah, it would probably be complained about as censorship, but I don't care.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I think it should be removed, too.

IzzaFred

Cavy Slave
There's a similar one:
https://www.krohm.net/bernd2.htm
It says in tiny letters right at the bottom of the page "it's a joke" but I still find it sickening

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I've just finished alerting Paypal.

I said "Saw this website. Probably a hoax but they do have an active Paypal account. They say they will kill a bunny if they do not get a $50,000.00 by June 30th. Please close their account to help stop all of the idiots out there from extorting money through these types of means. "

I included the website address so they could see it for themselves. Hopefully Paypal will close the account and automatically refund the money in the account to the people who foolishly sent it.

carrotflavour

Cavy Slave
So obviously a joke....

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
You can tell the first picture in the gallery is fake. Come on, who did that person think they were fooling?

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
I'm quite sure it is fake. The rabbit will be fine. What bothers me is that this person is using this twisted and stupid means to extort money.

Some people will believe it. Some will send money. The account balance he shows is probably fake but I bet there is some money in there from people foolish enough to believe it and the jerk that made the site doesn't deserve to be rewarded for his hoax.

On a side note I too saw that the "poor wet bunny" picture in the gallery was faked...just a wet rabbit, not rescued at all.

joab97

Cavy Slave
I have a question? Where do you people find these sites? Just browsing?? I just wondered. As for that site...sick,,sick,,people,,even if it is just a hoax.

bunnyluv17

Cavy Slave
There was another site called rabbit ransom and they actually stole pictures from other peoples' sites, so that is probably what this guy did.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
I don't know where people find these sites ... my husband told me about this one. He knows what an animal person I am, so he knew I'd want to do something about it. Voodoojoint - what a great idea to alert PayPal. I never even thought of that. Good thinking! :)

Even as a joke, this kind of thing is not funny in the slightest ... it's not cute, it's not amusing ... it shouldn't exist. People would be in an uproar in someone posted something similar about a child ... why should it be different for a rabbit? Abuse is abuse.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Gosh, I can't believe what people do for money. Its just sick and weird, but I'm pretty sure this guys got some money from the poor suckers that thought it was real. Thats the sick part

tenn38

Cavy Slave
Ugh, did you see the "uncooked rabbit" picture? Even if it is a hoax, you shouldn't have things like that up.

Another thing, if that is their pet rabbit, wouldn't you feel sick making a website about killing it? Or do you think it's someone else's picture? Either way, it's stupid.

There's another hoax like this called bonzai kittens, but it doesn't involve money. They have a website saying they put kittens into a bottle and feed them through a tube, and the cat never gets to move. People are so messed up these days.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I can't bring myself to look, it'll just make me even more upset. All I can say about these sites and the people who make them ins, WTF? I'm sorry, but sometimes it's just too much.

DaCourt

Cavy Slave
[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]OK...This guy is using PayPal to receive his donations. I sent an email to them bringing this site to their attention. I told them that I am PayPal user and was disgusted that PayPal would allow this. I got an email back today saying they would investigate. At first I was like, yeah right. But, I checked it out, and if you click on the button that says DONATE, it says "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." Yesterday, you got the regular page.[/font]

I have also contacted CafePress who handles his online store. I am waiting on an answer from them.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.