Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Are Bed, Bath, and Beyond Grids Safe?

Mustang

Cavy Slave
I am looking to make a C&C cage. I do not have guinea pigs yet, but I plan to get two after everything is ready. I am having no problem finding cloroplast, but I am having trouble finding the cubes. I found the cubes at Target, but I confrimed the ones at my Target are 8x8 and 5x5(?) as mentioned in another thread. I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to find the ones listed on this site and found something similar. The grids are 9x9, but they are 14.5" x 14.5". So, although they are 9x9, the holes are a little bigger than 9x9 holes on 14" grids. Mathematically, this comes to about 1.61" per hole, which is a little more than the 1 1/2" on this site. Are the holes small enough for guinea pigs, or do I need the 14" cubes? Please let me know. Thanks!

barbanderson

Cavy Slave
I sure HOPE they ARE as my cage has just been assembled USING those from Bed Bath&Beyond!!!! If anyone KNOWS these are "unsafe" PLEASE do reply SOON!!!!!! Good luck to us BOTH here unless you haven't bought yours YET!!! :sorry:

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Are those the same chrome ones that was on the BB&B website a while back? That doesn't sound right... Silly companies trying to save money on metal. =/

Skeetersmom

Cavy Slave
The grids are 14.5". That hasn't changed. The grids from BB&B are the safe grids.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
My newest cage is made with the BB&B grids. The metal itself is thinner than the other grids that I have for my main part of the cage. The BB&B ones seem to be of a lesser quality because of this, but I think the difference in size of the individual squares is pretty negligible to be honest

Last edited:

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
Yeah, I just bought those grids. We were orginally looking for the white ones to match the light blue Coroplast but we found the chrome grids up front. My Dad said that they were 14.5 inch and the white ones are 12 inch so they are 2.5 inches bigger then the white ones. I'm glad they are safe! And ours doesn't have much gap in between it, like the holes. They seem to be really small.

barbanderson

Cavy Slave
THANKS EVERYBODY. For awhile there I was REALLY petrified I messed up cause my 3x5 has just been made WITH these BedBath&Beyond kinda gray colored epoxy coated grids. Not chrome but gray color and 14.5". Anyway, the frame is up and the coro is next to be cut so a done deal NOW :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.