Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

bonding

4gp

bonding

Hi, I'm new to the board. I have 4 guinea pigs 2 females and 2 neutered males. I had the males neutered at the end of Nov. I was hoping to have all 4 become freinds. They are presently in 2 male-female groups. When I put all 4 together the males chatter and become quite aggressive. Any suggestions about how to make a happy family?

Attachments

Cupcake and Dot coming home 6_21_12.jpg First Floortime 6-22-12.jpg
P

PinkBoi

Divide them...

There's a big chance the two boars won't ever be living happy together with the two females. They see the other boar as competition, thus they will challenge eachother and fight, this is what the chattering means.

What you could do is divide the group in 2, either 2 groups of the same sex, or 2 groups with a male & female (this has better chance of working).

Good luck!

J

janiexo

seperate

the males probably would fight over the females. Since both males are nuetered I would leave them seperated female and male per cage. You could still let them play together on nuetral territory and they may get along fine there.

A

AngelicumCavy

Some good ideas

I just watchedit yesterday on Animal Planet, they do this for male-male Rabbit and Dog.

when male-male is aggressive, the thing to let them be of good relation is to help them think that when the two of them are together something good and exciting is to happen.

dry wash-cloth rubbed to the body of the other male
putting it under the bowl or food container, wherein the other male eats.
vise versa
doing it until they knew it. the other male will be smelling the scent of the other right? and he's eating, which means he'll be excited and cheered whenever he smells that scent.
OTHER OPTION
put them together in and let them be busy chewing pellets and hay with the help of another person.

I-CANT-CLEARLY-EXPLAIN-THIS lol my english is bad sorry! I got this on Animal Planet.

<a href="https://www.theministryofmagic.org.uk" target="_new">[/b]The Ministry Of Magic</a>

Attachments

120706-181840.jpg 120706-181814.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.