Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

It is so hot in SoCal...

superfastpiggie

Cavy Slave
... we had to get air conditioning for the piggies! My partner works from home, so we put the window AC in her office. Problem is, the piggie cage (a 2x5 C&C) doesn't fit in the office. So just for the hot afternoons I created a play and travel cage area. The play area is about 5 1/2 feet by 4 feet, and they can easily enter and exit the smaller travel cage for food and water. The first pic is of them playing, the second is the pigs relaxing under the door to the larger cage (right before Sandy decided Bella was too close and chased her out :rolleyes:).

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
:cheerful:I have a window air in the house and it's going 24/7. That's why everyone is in the living room.

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
I hear ya! It finially cooled down today where I am. Luckily I'm right by the ocean. I worked for the last two days where we had no a/c and it was 104. I might add that my work is only about two mile from where I live. No a/c at my house as well, so my boyfriend was watching the piggies incase it got way to hot. Luckily I'm a block from the beach so it never got above 90 at my house, but inside it stayed cool for whatever reason. Hopefully it cools down by you soon.

superfastpiggie

Cavy Slave
We're about a mile from the beach in Santa Barbara, but our house faces south/southwest and the temp gauge in the living room is 86 degrees. Too hot for the pigs! Luckily the AC is at 74, and the big pig Sandy is letting Bella eat her hay and pellets in peace (Sandy doesn't know how to share)

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Luckily you have a/c. I don't think any homes where I'm at have any a/c. Peoples homes were so hot and stuffy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.