Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pig sitting

L

lchap87

Pig sitting

Hi everyone
Im pig sitting right now for a teacher. i have a question for u. The pig im watching is Cali and she is a girl. i have a boy named Buster. The other day i was sitting with Cali on my bed and i was playing with her so she was talking and squeeking. Buster heard her and i quess saw her. Buster and Cali now spend all day and night talking back and forth to one another and trying to get out of their cages to see eachother. When floor time comes, they play sepertly, they are running around looking for eachother. I was wondering when Cali goes back to my teacher if they might become depressed, and miss eachother. I dont want anything to happen to eiter one of them. Anyone have any sugestions for me?

Thanks a bunch

~Laura, Buster, and Cali

B

Briana D

Re: Pig sitting

If Buster has been living by himself I wouldn't worry about him missing her when she leaves.

Please be very careful when you have them both out. It is not uncommon for guinea pigs to climb outside of their enclosure to gain access to another guinea pig. Please be very very careful.

I think Buster would enjoy a companion though. Guinea pigs are sociable herd animals and enjoy being around other pigs. You may want to check your surrounds shelters and rescues to see if any have a boar or a spayed female. Again, please be very careful if you choose to adopt another pig. You should quarentine them for 3 weeks and same certain that there is no chance of a mix up of sexes.

Attachments

2011-09-12_21-25-56_561.jpg 2011-09-13.jpg 2011-09-14.jpg 2011-09-17_23-02-09_800.jpg
T

Terafist

Buster and Cali do not play together ever. They live in seperate cages but in the same room but they can not get out of them. I would love to get Buster a friend but my mom wont let me. i have suggested it but she siad hell be fine.

Laura, Buster, and Cali

Attachments

Grace in pen (2).jpg Grace in pen.jpg Grace cuddle cup.jpg
L

lchap87

Um that was weird i dont know how that other user name got there but im Lchap87. dunno. oh well just thought i would let u now.

Laura, Buster, Cali

Attachments

IMAG0086.jpg DSCF0679.jpg IMAG1208.jpg IMAG0063.jpg IMAG0118.jpg IMAG0120.jpg IMAG0122.jpg IMAG0127.jpg IMAG0135.jpg IMAG0136.jpg IMAG0213.jpg IMAG0288.jpg IMAG0299.jpg IMAG0300.jpg IMAG0304.jpg
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.