Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

my boars are peeing

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
I recently got two ceramic bowls for my guineas. (I had tins and they tipped them.) So I decided to get ceramic ones, Which I ended up doing. But I've had the bowls for about a week, and My boars pee and poo in them on their pellets (fresh pellets.) My sows eat out of it and don't do that quite as often. I have to use a spoon Everyday to get out the stuck on stuff in my boys food dish. My girls all I do is hit it against the trash can and it all comes out. Is it just a behavior they acquainted. or should I switch back to the tin bowls for them?(bird dishes):?:

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
If the ceramic bowls are that much of a hassle and the others aren't, I don't see any reason why you shouldn't just go back to the original ones.

All my pigs poop in their bowls, no matter what the material is.

shypaw

Cavy Slave
My pigs poop in their cermic bowls all the time too. I just run them through the dishwasher with their bricks (I use them under the water bottles) along with my cat's bowls, every few days.

I like to try and keep things clean and sterilized so no one gets sick. ;)

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
i wash them out everyday and run them through the dish washer every 4 days but I just was wondering if anybody else has the same problem

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
Most of mine pee in bowls, sadly its one of those mucky habits we have to love them for

Wodentoad

Cavy Slave
My boys tipped over the bowls so often, we switched to plates. Now they use the plates as pellet launching platforms, but hey, at least they're entertained.

Cornish Cavies

Cavy Slave
My boys tipped over the bowls so often, we switched to plates. Now they use the plates as pellet launching platforms, but hey, at least they're entertained.

lol just got a fab pic of that in my head:D

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Same here,poops in food bowl. I got them a new hidie yesterday afternoon and not only did the pee in it,but pooped in it also.

Nelli

Cavy Slave
I guess it just depends on your piggies. My girls poo and pee all over the place and especially in their food bowl (ceramic). My boys never potty in their food bowl.

Tomczyk

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I have a bin feeder that is up off the floor and hanging on side of cage.It is great.No pee or poo in there.My piggies love it.:cheerful: It can be mounted inside or outside the cage.Hope this helps. I paid $7.99 for it at a petstore.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.