Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

People Annoy Me.

Sammy and Peanut

Cavy Slave
Somebody's review of the SuperPet Mega Run-About Ball:

"my guinea pig loves this, i love the fact that it is extra large, so he can fit in it comfy. the only problem that i have, is that when i putting on the carpet on my house i have to keep an eye on him just in case he pees in it, but overall i love it! and i dont belive it is bad on the backs of guinea pigs, and chinchillas."

Another one:

"Perfect for my guinea pig camie. He looks so cute rolling aroung in the house. I brought it to my friends house who has a hampster ,and it was perfect for the little guy! I would recomend for any small pet."

Notice the last quote says "He looks so cute rolling around in the house."
Yeah, it looks cute, but they won't be so happy when the guinea pig starts to develop back problems. Poor thing. =/

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Maybe instead of complaining about it here, put a review up stating why exercise balls should be avoided.

wonderwhiskers

Cavy Slave
LY&Pigs, do you have to be so negative?
She is obv concered/annoyed about it, which is why she is posting here.
Hopefully someone will read this and think ''oh, that ball I bought isn't ok for my pig then, I'll take it back to the shop and buy a nice new igloo or something instead''.

Maybe she has already written a review.
Maybe you have to buy the ball before you can write a review.

Would'nt it be more constructive for you to say ''yes, some people are stupid not doing their research on their pets, but well done you for knowing these are bad for pigs'' And then go on to say ..have you left a review saying how bad these are for pigs yet? Perhaps as many as possible should so people actually take notice?''.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
LY&Pigs, do you have to be so negative?
She is obv concered/annoyed about it, which is why she is posting here.
What's your point? What do you even have to do with this thread that's over a week old? What's the point of dragging it back up again? To point out how oh so mean you think a mod is? Good grief. Grow up.

First of all, we most certainly can't do anything about these reviews here, now can we? We don't even know what site the OP is talking about. The OP is posting comments about a product we know is dangerous here. What's the point? Complaining to people that already know better doesn't accomplish anything. On the other hand, S&P could do something much more productive by posting a comment wherever she got the original remarks from - which might actually enlighten people that don't know better and may be considering purchasing the product for their guinea pig(s).

Maybe she has already written a review.
Maybe you have to buy the ball before you can write a review.
I'm not sure why you're "maybe-ing" anything. Maybe she did. Maybe she didn't. The point is that either way, complaining about it here - where, like I said, we already know better - does nothing but show us how oblivious people can be. Which, we pretty much all already know.

Would'nt it be more constructive for you to say ''yes, some people are stupid not doing their research on their pets, but well done you for knowing these are bad for pigs'' And then go on to say ..have you left a review saying how bad these are for pigs yet? Perhaps as many as possible should so people actually take notice?''.
That's pretty much what she did say. Without the niceties. I hardly understand how that makes her "negative."

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.