Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Underbedding?

GuineaNewbie

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what is the most efficient / most popular combination of fleece and under bedding. I am getting two guinea pigs so my mess will probably not be as big as others.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
One layer of fleece and one or more layers of towels, mattress pads, or something similar. Use what you already have or what is cheapest. I like the mattress pads best. Make sure your cage meets the recommended size requirement (at least 10.5 square feet for two pigs)--this will make it stay cleaner much longer.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
I use news papers,then a towel and then 2 layers of fleece.

stafishtaylz

Cavy Slave
When I first used fleece in my cage about a month ago I used a layer of fleece with 2 towels underneath. It worked great. There was virtually no leakage through to the coroplast and cleanup was a breeze. I have one pig and my fleece and towels lasted a week easy.

Now, I have sprung and purchased 2 piggy bedspreads. I will tell you that they are by my standards quite pricey. However, that aside, they are very well made and will most likely last for a few years. I also like that they look 'tidy' since they are form fitted to the coroplast.

My problem now is that I'm thinking of going up to a 2X4 instead of a 2x3 since I may be adopting a new pig this coming week, but my bedspreads wont fit a 2X4...:(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.