PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from me and my new piggy!

Hillary
08-19-09, 04:53 pm
Hi everyone! I thought I should come and introduce myself and my new piggy. My name is Hillary, and I've recently (two days ago) got a two month old Guinea Pig. He is a Chocolate/Tan Texel piggy, who I've decided to call Reese!

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/../photos/data/500/medium/IMG_7749.jpg

In the past, I've owned pairs of female Guinea Pigs, but haven't owned any for a year or so. Reese is the first male piggy that I've ever had. He's currently living all by himself in a 2x4 C&C cage, but not for long! After I get him a buddy, and after quarantine time, Reese won't be alone anymore. He's very nervous in his large cage. Besides his uneasiness in his cage, he's such a sweet boy! He loves to give licks to hands and doesn't run when you go to pick him up. Today for the first time I let him have some floor time. I sat on the floor and he went around talking excitedly, checking out everything.

About a month ago, when I was pondering getting a piggy, and came across this website. It has taught me ever so much about food, fresh food, hay, bedding, cages, introducing Guinea Pigs, and more! After building the C&C cage, I can't believe that I ever used a pet store cage. Hopefully in the near future, I'll be switching from pine bedding to fleece!

I'm looking forward to talking with everything, and learning all about your piggies!

blackarrow
08-19-09, 05:18 pm
Welcome! Reese is adorable, as is his name. Congratulations to you for doing your homework - he'll be a happier piggie because of it, and more fun for you, too!

3piggymomma
08-19-09, 05:22 pm
Congratulations on your new addition! He is absolutely adorable!

wigglesgiggles1
08-19-09, 06:27 pm
Your piggie is so cute! Welcome to guinea pig cages.

momof1kid3piggi
08-19-09, 07:09 pm
Welcome to GPC Forum, I seen you've done homework, but there is a lot of interesting things on this site. I hope you enjoy your time here!

rabbitsncavyluv
08-19-09, 07:40 pm
Welcome - what a cutie.

Hillary
08-19-09, 09:56 pm
Thanks everyone! What cute little piggies you all have :).