Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids in ireland ?

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
I am at the end of my rope.I have searched the net and cannot find any place in rep Ireland that sells gids.Argos nothing,B&Q nothing,woodies nothing.
Ebay yes but shipping from u.s, post is between 50 and 80$ :sad:.If theres any irish here that has made a c&c cage please let me know.I ordered a small animal play pen for indoors as the weather here is pretty bad most of the time.At the moment piggies are in a store bought cage 1.5meters x 0.5meters.I just want them to be comfy and have as large a space as possible.My girls even gave up there small play room for the piggies.Awh.

IluvePiggies

Cavy Slave
I found this: Grids
Its a bunch of places that sell Grids.

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
Thanks but i found the same and emailed most of them. They deal with ceiling grids.
Some company's even asked me for a picture of what i was talking about.They didn't know.

But....today i was walking past a pc store and i saw in the window stacking cubes.
I went inside and the guy told me he could order some from some supply store that deals with company's only.

I asked him to order me 4 cubes as the cost 78 euro. Pricy :( . At least it's a start. I can extend at a later date.

ILovesMePiggies

Cavy Slave
After a little googling I've found a couple of place in the UK that sell grids, but only some ship to Eire. Google "safco wire cubes" and find a price and supplier that you like. If they seem a bit dear (they did to me), try this site Chrome-plated Mesh Cube System they I couldn't quite figure out if they would ship to Eire or not.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Don't forget that there are alternatives to grids. For example, you can use closet shelving. Check out the C&C alternative cage gallery and information. You will find many C&C-like cages that may have materials you are able to find more easily. Good luck.

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Im making a cage out of see-through storage boxes. Its taking a long time but it will be worth it in the end :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.