Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Lacrosse

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Hey, I'm stressed out right now. I just came back from the Lacrosse meeting at school. I've never even played lacrosse, let alone pick up a stick. I signed myself up for JV Lacrosse anyways. But the thing is, I don't know if I'm dedicated to doing it. The practice is everyday from 2:45-5:00. Sometimes on Sundays. We will probably have games every weekend, too. I mean, I really want to do Lacrosse, but I want to be able to do other things, Exp. Do things with friends on weekends. What do you think I should do? I don't know what I should do right now. I'm probably not going to do it, because I'm very scared that I will not have time to hang out with friends, and do other stuff. I think I might just wait to try out for Tennis or something...*sigh*

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

pennick

Cavy Slave
Why would tennis be any different? Wouldnt you be with friends during LaCrosse or making new friends? Maybe you will like it, maybe even love it. Give it a chance, you may be sorry you didnt.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Hmm, this is tough. I would also give it a chance. You never know; you might find a friend :)

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
Do what you feel you should. Imagine yourself playing lacrosse. Then imagine yourself not playing lacrosse. Wichever feels better, do. Or do what queen B said...organizing your own team is a very good idea!

CaliGirl

Cavy Slave
It sounds like it would be a lot of work, are you good at time managing? Its not just time with friends that you would lose, but also time for homework and chores. I had planned to play field hocky last year, but it was just to much for me to find time for.

dansamy

Cavy Slave
When I joined the band my 1st year of junior high, my mom's only rule was that I had to give it one full school year. No dropping out. I wanted to quit about halfway through, but she made me keep going. The next year I didn't sign up for band. The director sought me out and talked to me about it. With some extra lessons during everyone else's "library period", I decided to try it one more year. I went on to play all through high school and afterwards. Try it. Give it a fair chance. Then decide.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Lacrosse is fun, but it does seem like it will eat up lots of your time. Do you really really want to play it?

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I really want to play it, because it sems like alot of fun, help me make more friends, it's good exercising. I would really like to do a sport, and this one only catches my eye. Some of you know, my life revolves around horses. I try to ride 2x a week. IIf I could, I would ride every day, but I can't). I ride Thursdays, at 4:00, and Saturday's at 2:00. I babysit on Tuesday's from 2:50-5:45, that's how I get the money so I can ride. Everything is so stressful in my life right now, not just Lacrosse. Sorry I'm telling you all this, I just needed someone to talk to.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Hey, there's no need to say sorry! Talk however much you want. lol =)

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I feel the same exact way about this year's musical. Starting March 15 it's practice every day after school from 2:45 to 6:00, and every Saturday from 9:00 to 5:00. And I doubt I'll get a role out of ensemble because of the amounts of seniors trying out. But I'm trying out anyway. I figure, if I don't get a role than the audition gave me experience and constructive criticism. And if I do get in, I'll just try to give it my all.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.