PDA

View Full Version : Been here awhile now

Rnd210
08-17-09, 09:13 am
Hi, I never did an introduction here and figured I should.

My name is Miranda, I have been addicted to guinea pigs since I was 11 years old. I obtained my first guinea pig when I was 11 years old a sow, her name was Flower and she shared my room and was very happy. I kept her alone until she died when I was 19 and my first child was a year old. I didn't get any more guinea pigs for a long time. When my first child turned 11 he asked and begged for a guinea pig and I was proud to share with him that these little guys are my favorite and what I expected as far him taking care of one. So we got him a guinea pig Inka (he named her) who is now 8 months old. Inca has now become mine because as expected my son couldn't or wouldn't take care of her to my expectations (which may have been set to high for him) but nonetheless she has become the families pet instead of just his with me the main care giver. Once I took over care I started out looking for another female for my Inka and wound up with 2 missexed males (Aztec and Chewy) and in turn learned quickly how to sex them myself. So then I was still searching for a female to be housed with Inka and got Ceilli and Oreo. Oreo died a few weeks after we obtained him due to Congenital Heart Failure. And we have since obtained another female Olive. In total I have 5 guinea pigs 3 females and 2 males.

Other pets we have 4 rats and 3 dogs.

I have learned a lot of information about guinea pigs and their care since joining this site and will be introducing other to this site when I get the chance.

cherrytop108
08-17-09, 12:26 pm
Thats really cool that you still liked animals when your a mom, cuz every mom i know thinks there just little rodents--and not sweet little pets! I think you and your answers are really cool!

Skeetersmom
08-17-09, 12:32 pm
Thats really cool that you still liked animals when your a mom, cuz every mom i know thinks there just little rodents--and not sweet little pets! I think you and your answers are really cool!

I think that is funny.... I have 4 kids, 1 rabbit, 5 GP's, and 3 hamsters. We used to have rats also. I think is just depends on the mom:)

Welcome (even though you have been here)

Rnd210
08-17-09, 12:36 pm
Thank you.

I am glad that you like my answers. But please be more careful as to where and who you post your age to.

fieryone
08-17-09, 01:00 pm
Thats really cool that you still liked animals when your a mom, cuz every mom i know thinks there just little rodents--and not sweet little pets! I am only thirteen,but think you and your answers are really cool!

I'm a 36 year old mom of a 9 year old and our four guinea pigs are mine for all intents and purposes. My son asked for one when our dwarf hamster died and I did some research and decided that we would get a (then) pair knowing that they would ultimately be family pets that I would be taking care of. The other two were solely my idea :D

Rnd, even though you've been here, welcome!

cherrytop108
08-17-09, 01:11 pm
fieryone and skeeters mom i didnt know srry thats really cool that you would have pets my mom is totally against them! ugh! but finally she gave in! i wish i had moms like you guys!

cherrytop108
08-17-09, 01:13 pm
ohh yah i feel bad i wasnt trying to hurt feelings soo srry ill get off now.:sorry:

princesspoppy
08-17-09, 01:21 pm
lol.it's like AA,hi my name is....... and im addicted to GP's.I am a .. yr old mom,2 human daughters lol,2 girlies piggies,and a tank full of fish.Big secret,i got the piggies for myself .Shushhhhh.Don't tell my daughters.

cherrytop108
08-17-09, 02:34 pm
Lol you sound cool! Welcome,and dont worry i wont tell a soul! I have to male guinea pigs--Mr.tumnus and trufffles!