Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My pig climbed his c&c cage!!!!!

codyw

Cavy Slave
I seperated my pigs because he was being a bully to the others. I just put grids in between their cages so they could still smell each other. But he was pacing back and forth trying to find a way out. At first he tried to put his front paws on the cage and jump but it didnt go to well, then he tried again and he did it. My whole family was watching and all of their jaws dropped. No one could believe what he just did. I have standard 9x9 grids. I am still in shock. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? if so please tell me.

Africa

Cavy Slave
Thats one determined piggy!! My word, I can imagine its possible because when mine lean up against the grids with their 2 front paws - and they are stretching - their nose easily comes over the top of the grids, so with a bit of effort and courage Im sure its possible! On the bright side, you could put in some cool toys and your boy/girl sounds like he is not scared of heights so he would easily enjoy a high hanging hammock for example! ;-)

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
You could put a top on the cage. He won't be able to climb anywhere.

diane

Cavy Slave
I have had one of my pigs jump out of the cage once, I was in the process of getting their salads together and I guess I was taking entirely to long for her, so she jumped over the cage and scurried over to where I was with the veggies. She also is the pig with the biggest appetite, go figure. Thankfully she hasn't done that in over 2 years and it was just a one time occurance or I would of been putting a top on for her safety.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I had a pup once that climbed the grids to get out of his cage and then run across the floor to get to his momma's cage. Most pigs won't do it but there is that odd occasional pig that will climb up and over the grids. The only thing you can do to prevent it is to put a lid on his side of the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.