Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Diet Out of pellets till Monday

blessedbeingmom

Cavy Slave
We ran out of pellets and our order from Kleenmama's Hayloft will not be here until Monday. We do have some of the bad pellets (Nutriphase) from when we first got our pigs in May, but I am thinking that it would be better to just give extra veggies until Monday than to give the Nutriphase. Am I right or wrong? Please advise. We already give plenty of fresh hay on demand (keep the hay bin full for them), even though they do enjoy pulling it all out every day and spreading it on the floor. We have lots of KM hay left though, so we're not worried about that. Thanks for any advice!
ETA I am working every day until Sunday, and there is no where locally that sells Oxbow, and I can't get out of work. I hate that we ran out like this and didn't plan better. I was trying to wait till KM got more hay to place our order. I had asked DH to ration the pellets we did have, but I think the kids did the feeding.

Pennylou

Cavy Slave
What was wrong with the nutriphase?

Allyson

Cavy Slave
What was wrong with the nutriphase?
Nutriphase is a very low quality pellet, and if I'm thinking right, it is one of the brands with the items in the food that are colorful, high in sugar, and can possibly cause choking.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
Yeah, just feed extra veggies for a few days.

Pennylou, Nutriphase does not provide adequate nutrition and contains several harmful and/or useless ingredients. If you are feeding it, switch to a high quality pellet such as Kleenmama or Oxbow ASAP.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Feed extra veggies and hay til Monday.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.