PDA

View Full Version : Mouth Lopsided mouth help!

bamby71994
08-08-09, 12:30 pm
My guinea pig lakota has too long of teeth but that not really why I am posting on here. You see this morning when I went to feed him, he acted normal and was standing up with him paws to the grid. It was then that I relaized his mouth was lopsided. I took him and gave him a small bath because his mouth was hard like there was something on it. What should I do?

Paula
08-08-09, 12:34 pm
What should I do?Take him to the vet.

In the meantime you might need to hand feed him if he's having difficulty eating on his own.

pigsmakemesmile
08-08-09, 03:37 pm
I too suggest taking him to the vet.

bamby71994
08-08-09, 04:46 pm
No that's the thing he's eating right now in my lap. He's fine with eating and is acting normal, sleeping, pooping, peeing, eating acting all curious. But he does have something stuck on his mouth that is pulling it down. I felt around his neck and part of it is hard on the side that is hanging down.

Paula
08-08-09, 04:50 pm
Yes, he really needs to go to the vet.

akstrohm
08-08-09, 04:51 pm
You should still take him to the vet. I have no idea what you are describing that is making his mouth lopsided, but even if that is nothing to worry about (and it could be serious), if his teeth are too long, he should see a vet before he starts to have trouble eating.

pigsmakemesmile
08-08-09, 05:03 pm
Did you try applying warm compresses to this area to see if what ever the hard stuff is loosens????
You really should have him looked at, a lopsided mouth....not normal despite the fact he is eating.

gooberific
08-08-09, 07:51 pm
Does he have any cagemates, and do they have any issues? Does it seem to be something just stuck in his fur that's pulling?

Either way, it's been suggested for a few reasons to take him to the vet, and I really have to agree. Even if it is just something stuck in his fur, the vet can handle that and he won't be mad at you for tugging at his hairs.

bamby71994
08-08-09, 10:00 pm
Something is stuck there is yellowish and hard. Its only stuck in his fur. And for the vet if it doesn't go away in a few days I will schedule for a vet to go and take a look at him. I almost forgot to say that his cage mate doesn't have anything wrong with him.

Paula
08-08-09, 10:02 pm
If it's only stuck in his fur, you should be able to get a washcloth with warm water to loosen it and pull it out.

bamby71994
08-08-09, 10:34 pm
I and it's looser but not loose enough yet that I can get it out of his fur.

bamby71994
08-09-09, 12:23 pm
Thank you all for your responses, my boy is fine now. I put a warm compress on it a few times and over night it fell off and his mouth is no longer lopsided!