Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Running Out of Room

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
I want to adopt another boar. Right now Jeter and Mailen are still in the same cage, but they do bicker and fight (although never to the point of blood, so I keep them together). Anyways, there is a little guy up for adoption at my local rescue, and I am already trying to figure out how to fit him in my overlarge zoo of a house. :p
Right now I have four pigs-Mailen, S'Mora, Jeter and Brownie. Jeter is a grump, and he hasn't gotten along with any of the pigs we've paired him with previously. He also doesn't get along with Mailen so well. He seems happiest when he's on his own, but still able to see and talk to Mailen and the girls. Mailen, however, is a huge sweetie and I just can't picture him on his own. So I was wondering, would it work if I built two 2x6's, then put a double level cage for Jeter. It would end up being a 2x3 with a 2x2 top. It would be open at the top, but I haven't worked out how to get the pigs on the bottom (I don't know who would go where, but someone has to be down there). Can someone help me out with ideas for doors, acessibility, cost, ect.? I would use fleece as bedding, because that is a LOT of shavings every week if I didn't. If I use fleece, do I really need coro?
Thank you all for the advice!!!!!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
You need coroplast for any bedding otherwise the pigs will fling out poos and hay and stuff all over the floor.

dra&pigs

Cavy Slave
Okay, thanks Ly. I was just wondering, because I've seen cages where they just have the fleece, and like a tarp underneath, but now that I'm thinking about it, I would need the coro because the pigs on the top would get their feet caught on the grid flooring...no good! Hmmm. Back to the planning page, I guess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.