Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Help me decide!

tenn38

Cavy Slave
Today I went to the store and I held the sweetest little pig. He was golden with the collick things on his fur. All the other pigs I've seen weren't nearly as nice as him. But now here is my dilemma: I don't have a cage yet, but my friend could let me borrow hers (she used to have pigs, too) until I get mine. I can't wait to get him because they won't keep him on "hold" that long. So? Should I just wait and get a different one once my cage comes?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Was this at a pet store? The best bet would be to try and find a rescue or shelter and adopt a piggie that needs a home. By buying a piggie from a pet store it only contributes to the breeding mills and 2 more will take that one piggies place. Look on www.petfinder.com for rescues/shelters in your area.

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
Yes, please adopt. Don't buy while shelter pets die. If you post your location, we can help you find a piggie or two.

jennz11

Cavy Slave
I agree adopting is a much better choice. Good luck tenn38!~!

Also you can check out (broken link removed)

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Adopting is the ONLY way to go. Also, have you had a look at the homepage? www.guineapigcages.com <-- has great ideas to make an inexpensive cage

jennz11

Cavy Slave
Tenn38 what area do you live in? If by any chance you live in ontario I know lots of adoption sites.

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Tenn dosen't seem to want to reply. I think this person is avoiding this thread maybe... it's been 5 days since she posted.

tenn38

Cavy Slave
Well, no. I have had an entire week of tests in almost every subject, so I was studying a lot instead of going on the computer. I've read what you all have to say, and I agree. I've been doing searches for shelters tonight to find a pig I like. Don't make assumptions, please.

Oh, and I live southwest of Chicago in the "chicagoland" area.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.