Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Vet Check-up for mom and babies

momof1kid3piggi

Cavy Slave
So today I took my little babies to the vet. For their first check up. Everyone is in good health. The one is 15 grams bigger then the rest, And The Vet said to me what are you feeding him and laughed. The Vet checked the sex of them today too, I swear he hurt them, He picked them up and squeezed their private parts to see if they are males or females. Is that normal, Does anyone know? But there are three males and only one female the Vet thinks. He told me to come back in two weeks and he will be Really sure then. I got mom checked too, Her health is fine, The only thing is she is loosing weight, But the vet said Its because she just had the baby's. And shes is nursing them so she is loosing water weight Because of the milk. But I am to keep an eye on her and weigh her (which I do that all ready I told him) So my piggy's are in good health, Now in three days I get my other one checked out.

Aquena

Cavy Slave
I noticed my Bella who just delivered on the 8th, may have lost some weight, but she is nursing 4 babies as well.

akstrohm

Cavy Slave
I'm glad they're doing well. You probably already know this, but the mom can have extra calcium just like the babies while she is nursing (so alfalfa pellets or hay or ca-rich veggies).

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.