PDA

View Full Version : Water Bottles

Hannah&Lilly
02-12-05, 12:57 pm
I have two piggies and one of them makes a mess with the water bottle they have. I is the no drip water bottle and yet everyday i am finding my self changing the cage it is getting to be very fustrating. I know it is my littlest piggie cause i watch her and she has water dripping all the way down her mouth making a mess. Also i am filling up their water bottle 4 times a day and majority of it is on the bedding please help i want to enjoy my pigges and not get frustrated.

AngelsCavies
02-12-05, 12:58 pm
I dealing with the same thing. There is nothing that I could find to prevent the problems.

Piglet
02-12-05, 01:12 pm
You can put a brick underneath the bottle. Thats what I do, its good because it soaks up excess water and wears down their nails

Plummie
02-12-05, 01:16 pm
Maybe you could try the Edstrom bottle? They are designed to eliminate dripping because they don't work by the vacuum principle like most bottles. They offer both 8 oz. and 16 oz. sizes now. http://www.agselect.com/ED/showdetl.cfm?DID=11&Product_ID=906

critterlover
02-13-05, 01:02 am
I trashed the plastic thing that you're supposed to connect the bottle to the cage with. If you use that, the bottle ends up vertical and drips. Instead, I lean the bottle 45 degrees back from the cage and hold it in position with a pipe cleaner (or string). Works like a charm. No drips anymore, even with my cheap bottles.

Hannah&Lilly
02-13-05, 10:39 am
Thanks guys i will try all of those ideas what do i have to lose right?