PDA

View Full Version : Conditions Seizure?

Mama&Baby
07-13-09, 09:16 pm
My pig Daphne has had a couple seizures since I got her, and I'm worried about it. When it happens, she'll make a squeaky noise, and it will sound a bit like she's coughing. Also, her back will move up and down. Should I take her to the vet or something? I thought that trying to hold her would just stress her out more, so I watched her from near the cage. She came out of it after about 10 seconds, and went on eating. What do you think is the cause of this?

rabbitsncavyluv
07-13-09, 09:31 pm
Usually mites. You should take her to a vet.

How old is she?

Mama&Baby
07-13-09, 09:33 pm
She's about 10 months.

claire
07-14-09, 11:10 am
You say she then carries on eating, does this only happen when she's eating? Is she perhaps gobbling too quickly and it's getting stuck in her throat so she's heaving to try to shift it? One of my boys is prone to this.

If you're at all uncertain though, a visit to the vet may be best.

NicholsS10
07-14-09, 12:41 pm
I say that that kind of behavior requires a trip to a cavy savvy vet.

Mama&Baby
07-14-09, 12:52 pm
You say she then carries on eating, does this only happen when she's eating? Is she perhaps gobbling too quickly and it's getting stuck in her throat so she's heaving to try to shift it? One of my boys is prone to this.

If you're at all uncertain though, a visit to the vet may be best.

I didn't notice the first time, but this last time, yes it was when she was eating. I'm going to see if my cat's vet sees guinea pigs.