Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Making friends with gpig

K

KatyaC

Making friends with gpig

Hello! Yesterday I got two male gpigs. They are very nice, but shy - when I come to the cage they run away or freeze. I know that they are supposed to be cautious at first, but I don't really know how to make friends with them and make them more tame. Please, tell me how to do it. And second question - what to expect from gpig as a pet. I know gpig can sit on your lap and purr, but can it for example follow you around the house and recognize you?

Attachments

IMG_3719.jpg IMG_3728.jpg IMG_3720.jpg
J

janiexo

taming

from my experience guinea pigs recognize their care givers. as for how they react to you it depends on the pig. while blackberry doesn't like to sit in my arms, cleopatra runs to me when i come to the cage. its all about time. give them vegies when you hold them, pet them and just spend time with them. they will learn that your safe and friendly,
good luck with your pigs and read up as much as you can on them. this website has some great information.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.