Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Europe Question about guinea pigs in Israel...

GuineaPigz

Cavy Slave
I am moving to Israel soon (which counts as in Asia so don't say this is the wrong forum to post in) and I could never even think to leave my poor piggy behind. Could I transport it from NJ to Israel and are guinea pigs allowed there?

Treen

Cavy Slave
With regards to the getting your guinea pig in to Israel, I found this page (broken link removed) - hope it gives you somewhere to start if no one knows the answer. It does say things change quite frequently, so contacting the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development there for up to date guidelines would probably be a good idea.

How long is the flight? Here's an article on flying with pets (broken link removed). The travelling experience of my pigs goes to a three hour car journey, so I can't offer any personal experience.

GuineaPigz

Cavy Slave
Ummmm....about 9 to 11 hours. But thanks anyway.

GuineaPigz

Cavy Slave
"Refusal of destruction of animals - Animals arriving in Israel without the above mentioned documents will be returned to the countries of origin at the owner's expense, or destroyed, as stated by law"Eeek! Destroyed!?!?!?!?

Citychicktoo

Cavy Slave
I've heard bad things about pets traveling in airplanes.... they must travel with the baggage and pets have dies there due to extreme heat or cold. Be sure to check with you're airlines on their pet traveling policy.

Winnie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Daisy Duke
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.