Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

calm piggies

K

KatyaC

calm piggies

Hello! My piggies, whom I adopted yesterday, are rather calm, and quiet. They sit on the same place and do not run often or popcorn or play. However, they look just fine and at the shelter I was told they are healthy. Also they eat very well. Is it normal for guinea pigs to behave like that? (By the way, they are males, brothers, 4 weeks old)

S

semcavylover

calm piggies...

Your boys may just be trying to adjust to their new surroundings. They are still quite young. Do you have cuddlecups or something for them to crawl into and keep warm? Do they sit in a corner all puffed up? Keep a close eye on the babies, and make sure they are getting a good amount of vitamin C and sources of calcium. If you aren't already you may want to feed a good alfalfa hay with their timothy because the baby gps need it as they are growing.

Have you had them out for floor time and lap time? The floor time will be really good for them, just make sure you have the room baby proofed (no places for them to get into where you won't be able to get them out). This may help them get running around and interested into their new surroundings. Just some thoughts, good luck!

If you get really worried about them go to guinealynx.com to their emergency forum and get some suggestions. Also make sure you have a good guinea pig vet, just in case their is an emergency. Be sure to go through the cavyspirit website because she has a lot of great information in there for new and old guinea pig owners, such as floor time, health care, and feeding instructions!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.