Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Water Bowl

Shadow1

Cavy Slave
Why won't my pig use a bowl? She used one at the pet store! She won't get a new bottle untill 2-3 weeks from now. Can I teach her to drink from it? Please help!:crackup:

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
Water bowls aren't very good for guinea pigs. They get dirty way too fast. You should really go out and purchase a good water bottle right away.

Paula

Pigaholic Extraordinaire
Cavy Slave
Why won't my pig use a bowl?
Because pigs don't lap up water like dogs and cats. The poor thing is probably dehydrated. Would you want to wait 2-3 weeks for water? A water bottle is a basic necessity for a pet guinea pig. If you can't provide that you might seriously consider rehoming the poor creature.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Why won't my pig use a bowl? She used one at the pet store! She won't get a new bottle untill 2-3 weeks from now. Can I teach her to drink from it? Please help!:crackup:

Why 2-3 weeks for a water bottle?. They sell them at Walmart. Guineas aren't meant to drink from a bowl.

VictorSmalls

Cavy Slave
Why 2-3 weeks for a water bottle?. They sell them at Walmart. Guineas aren't meant to drink from a bowl.

They are in the $2-3 range at walmart. You can dig that much cash out of your couch. :)

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
You can't get a water bottle for two to three weeks? What happens if you need to take it to a vet? Will you? Can you? I would suggest that if you can't even provide the basic necessities that maybe you should find a home for your guinea pig.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.