Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

KC Moving Pads - update

F

fcarr

KC Moving Pads - update

I purchased, and have used the KC moving pads after seeing the original posting here some months ago. These are highly absorbant, washable, large pads that can go in the cavy cage. Thought I'd share my experience in using them...
1. The pads are very absorbant!
2. I found I couldn't use them alone...the poops just sit on top and my two guineas' would get muck in their toes from running over them. Even if I cleaned it up each day
3. I used a thin layer of carefresh on top of the pad. This works very well
4. The pad, when cut, will tend to fray. I couldn't put it in the washer (more fraying), so ended up washing by hand in a bath tub. Not as bad as it sounds, but still a pain in the neck.
5. I've used the same pad for several months in this way...but alternate with newspaper and aspen bedding [which works just as well]
6. I am currently taking a break from Carefresh. Does anyone else find it very dusty! It may be very absorbant, but it kicks up alot of dust when its put in and pulled out. I find aspen much less dusty...

F

FieryMyst

moving pads

where do you get these moving pads at?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.