Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Neutering/Spaying He's popcorning again!

jenniwat001

Cavy Slave
My new addition, Zebedee, got his manhood removed yesterday. The operation went really well, you can't really tell anything has happened except his area has been shaved!

The vet told me to keep an eye on him and bring him back if he hadn't, pooped, urinated, eaten or drank (any of them) within 24 hours, it took him a while to poop so we were a bit worried, but when he did it was enormous! (Sorry to be crass).

He is now happily popcorning away in his quarantine cage so I guess he's OK!

AND I found out that my vet stocks Oxbow hay so will be ordering some of that! (I'm in the UK where it is really hard to get)

WheekiePiggy123

Cavy Slave
Hooray!! Glad to hear your little guy is doing well, I love when they popcorn :)

Peggysu

Cavy Slave
Glad the neuter went well. You'll need to keep an eye on him of course. My guy started popcorning the next day too. I was worried about the popcorning. Mine didn't appear to be pooping much either even though he was eating food. I caught him eating his poop most of the time, so I wasn't to concerned at that point.

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
Happy to hear all went well. It is so adorable when they popcorn.

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
Happy to hear all is well, I'm worried myself as next month Pickle goes him for his "manhood removal". Keep us posted as he gets better.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.