Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HI guys!! I'm new!

cuylover

Cavy Slave
Hi guys!

My name it's Rocío aka "cuylover", happy to be here. Currently I don't have any guineapig but I would like to get one as a pet. :love:

I was born and raised in Lima,Perú :)love:), a place where we aren't use to see this beautiful animals as a pets. I can't judge people who consider them just food (like chicken, pork or cow) , it's part of our traditions (specially in the highlands) , even before Inca Times. What I don't agree with it's the cruelty some people use to accomplish it. Prove of that it's the horrible videos posted in youtube!! that I better don't discribe because make me sick!:yuck::sad:The fact it's: the Cuy (as we call them there) deserves the respect that other animals do, even those who are currently just for eating.:shhh:
Now that I live in Switzerland, I've got the chance to see another site of this beautiful animal and I think would be the perfect pet for my husband and me. We don't have much space but we are willing to make it for our future guineapig. Hope you can help me to find out more about this lovely animal. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.