Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Looking for extra connectors for C&C Cage in Ottawa, Canada

• Thread starter mafalda de Lima
  • Start date

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know where I get buy extra connectors (those are the round circle things) I only have 16 which came w/ the set of cubes I got but need 12 more. Would Home depot have these?

Thanks Mafalda

pennick

Cavy Slave
would the shipping cost so much if you ordered them from sue here on this site?

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Excellent - that is a good idea. thanks.

Plummie

Cavy Slave
I have some I could give you. I used cable ties on my cage instead of the connectors, so I should have at least 16. You would only need to cover the cost of shipping.

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Wow -- that's really nice of you *** THANK YOU?!! -- but if cable ties are just as easy than maybe I'll just go and get a whole bunch at Home depot. Now, another question -- for those of you who built your own C & C CAGE -- I am purchasing some Coroplast at a sign shop and they are willing to cut it for me. Problem is I don't really know what dimensions I should give them. I want to build a cage big enough for 3 sows. looking at the 2 x 5 cage -- I think that's the size I need?-- what dimensions do I give them for the cutting -- I think I would like a higher back so that the wood chips don't go flying everywhere. Suggestions??

pennick

Cavy Slave
a 2x5 is 28" x 70"

If you add 7 inches to the sides instead of the customary 6" because you dont want the shavings to fly out, you would add 14" to the length and 14" to the width.

42" x 84"

If you want to make it 7-1/2"

43" x 85"

I made mine 7-1/2" for my 2 piggies and I have had no problems with shavings.

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Wow - perfect -- so just to make sure I got it all correct - 14 cubes and connectors/ties and your dimensions for the coroplast will make me a 2x5 cage, is this a good size for 3 pigs. **well I'm not very handy - the only thing I'm hoping isn't too tricky - is the folding portion of the coroplast into a box part of the project.... but hopefully it will be easy to figure out by following Sue's directions. Then I will also need to place the cage on a table too - right - not on the floor is this correct?

Plummie

Cavy Slave
Yep, that's correct. They'll feel much safer up off the floor. You can get an inexpensive folding banquet table at Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, etc. First you might try calling around some used furniture/office supply stores to see if they have any used ones available.

I do think the cable ties are much easier and secure for cage-building, I found the connectors to be rather flimsy so I just ditched them altogether. Good luck with your project!! Be sure to post pics when you're finished. :)

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Cable ties it is -- You have all been very helpful. Thank you again Now, it is a matter of convincing my husband that I can do this project :) Now,when making the cage a top is not necessary - right? - they won't jump out when they get bigger ?? just to be safe is all. I will be quite proud of myself when the project is all done - and will definately post pics.

cheers!

phantac

Cavy Slave
As long as you have no other animals or young children, no top is needed.

mafalda de Lima

Cavy Slave
Okay - perfect. thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.