Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

quick Valentine's Day question...diamond earrings

SushiNut

Cavy Slave
Are diamond earrings from Kay Jewelers or a similary mall-based jewelry store ok? I got my wife's engagement ring from Shane Co. this past summer and their stuff is really nice. And their prices show it :). We're a little low on cash due to wedding planning and I'm already taking her out to a really nice dinner. I would like to get her Shane Co. diamond earrings, but I we can't really afford it.
Are diamond earrings pretty much the same from one store to another? She's not huge on jewelry or expensive stuff, just as long as it's pretty :).

pennick

Cavy Slave
Prices for diamond earrings are subject to the quality and size of the diamond. Whether its earrings, rings, neckless or whatever. You pay for what you get. The smaller the stone, the less quality of the stone, the less money it will cost. Mall stores usually carry commercial jewelry. That means the run of the mill type. Less expensive but the quality is less. Thats okay if you dont mind. As long as the diamond is nice to the naked eye.

Plummie

Cavy Slave
I'd say that a pair of diamond earrings from Kays would be a very nice Valentine's Day gift! I would be happy! LOL Maybe later on down the road, you can upgrade to some bigger/nicer quality diamond earrings from Shane Co. for her. :)

Treen

Cavy Slave
If she likes things that are pretty rather than valuable, then it doesn't really matter if a diamond expert would rate it highly or not! I'm certainly not great at telling what's a good diamond and what isn't, but I know what I like the look of! I'm sure she'll be thrilled - especially with a lovely dinner too!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.